Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • wahoo
    Member
      Post count: 420

      laminated birch with a 125 grn head will get you 650. I like them because you can get them in 5/16 diameter.

      wahoo
      Member
        Post count: 420
        in reply to: Elk hunting tips #31631

        All good stuff. I think this was touched on but if you live where there is elk do not over pressure. If I get into them on Sat I hunt elsewhere on Sun and Mon and come back the next week . I like to locate several herds and work them all. Deeks work also. As said elk like to see something and it is amazing when an elk sees a yellow butt and just comes in . I can’t wait – only a few more months

        wahoo
        Member
          Post count: 420
          in reply to: Thanks, Dave! #27714

          thanks Dave – can’t wait for a new book . best wishes

          wahoo
          Member
            Post count: 420
            in reply to: Short Bows #12112

            Shrimp I have a ton of short bows and luv them all. I am the odd man out . The Toelke bow is great . I don’t own one but had the time to shoot with Dan and his bows are great . The only reason one is not hanging on my wall is because I don’t need another bow. I have shot Shrews also great bows but Toelke is worth looking at. Good luck

            wahoo
            Member
              Post count: 420
              in reply to: Sheds #10943

              yup it is like a highway behind my house. I have found some sheds all from 2011. Deer and elk still packing

              wahoo
              Member
                Post count: 420
                in reply to: Bowhunting Area 51 #54847

                congrats on the hog. question . can I do this with woodies ?? I am shooting a thunderhorn , Selway ,Owl all the same poundage of 52 to 55 at 26″ . I have been shooting laminated birch 5/16 shafts spined at 45 -50 ( because I liked that 5/16 diameter ) with a 125 head total weight 650 grns finished. I know that I could gain some weight by ordering 50 – 55 or 55 -60 shafts – 11/32 how much I don’t know. Just like making and shooting wood any suggestions? I hunt mulies and elk . Thanks back to work

                wahoo
                Member
                  Post count: 420

                  smith that’s funny

                  wahoo
                  Member
                    Post count: 420

                    what all was said above. For what it sounds like you want you could get by with a msr Hubba Hubba , Black Diamond and still if you want carry it on tour back.

                    wahoo
                    Member
                      Post count: 420
                      in reply to: How Many Over 55 #26029

                      do I have to go to another site ??? only 53 shoot 50 – 55.

                      wahoo
                      Member
                      Member
                        Post count: 420
                        in reply to: ghost grizzlies DP #17311

                        just saw 180 – was good

                        wahoo
                        Member
                          Post count: 420

                          Clay that again was the best. Just watched your bunny video and now this.Real nice

                          wahoo
                          Member
                            Post count: 420
                            in reply to: Winter rabbits #9114

                            excellent really cool. Your bow is great . Real quiet.

                            wahoo
                            Member
                              Post count: 420

                              I’m with ya on all that was said. It is 40 degrees in Idaho today I will spend all day shooting ( it’s hard being me ) Thanks

                              wahoo
                              Member
                                Post count: 420

                                ok guys when I say I hunt deer I am also talking elk. So if I want to go heavier where do I start ?? I have a 3 rivers test set with a bunch of test pts. I have never shot anything but wood so if I use the test set could I not convert that info that I find into woodies without spending a bunch of cheddar??

                                wahoo
                                Member
                                  Post count: 420

                                  just got home from work. Sounds good. I could go to a heavier head and shorten the shafts a little at a time , as DP says could be fun

                                Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 386 total)