Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • wahoo
    Member
    Member
      Post count: 420
      in reply to: coronado by Howatt #16283

      I twisted a string up and took this out and shot it and it is nice , real nice.I always liked the Howatts. Great buy

      wahoo
      Member
        Post count: 420
        in reply to: Hammock #59523

        yes I like mine a lot. Very comfy. One of the first time I used it was at a shoot in Idaho and it got down to the high 20’s and I was not prepared so the next night I wore my long undies and put a space blanket under my pad and woke up hotter than the hubs of hell since then I have been fine. Mine has a underside entry and it does take some getting use to. They are super light weight and you can hang them any where they can also be set up as a tent with a little bit of thinking. Ck out the web sites.I still use a tent – it just depends on what I am doing.

        wahoo
        Member
          Post count: 420
          in reply to: Hammock #57527

          I use a Henessey . I have froze to death and also cooked inside. It takes getting use too. I even set mine up in the back yard and sleep just to get use to it. In cold temps I use a space blanket with a foam pad and a good bag. I also wear socks and long undies. Very comfy . My wife and I also have ENO hammocks and carry them hiking and use them even when tent camping. You can get great info off of both web sites. They are light weight and easy to setup. I was using mine at archery shoots just to get use to them.

          wahoo
          Member
            Post count: 420

            I too have a GSD that loves archery. She will find and retrieve any lost arrows . I take her pheasant hunting and she gets the bird up and when I miss she pulls off that bird and into the field to get the arrow.She is funny no hard feelings just loves archery and hunting.

            wahoo
            Member
            Member
              Post count: 420
              in reply to: boots #51788

              Thanks to all. I am leaning towards these Keneterek boots. I tried some on a month ago and felt great. I also tried a pair of Meindls and was some what disappointed with the feel and the quality. The free Scarpas just did not fit right so I gave em back and my go to Merrels are just tight on the toes. I am going thru Bozotown in a couple weeks and will try another pair of Kenetreks boots . Again thanks for all the input

              wahoo
              Member
              Member
                Post count: 420
                in reply to: boots #31906

                friend just gave me a pair of Scarpa boots real nice and fit good. I’ll buy a pair of foot pads and give them a go.

                wahoo
                Member
                  Post count: 420

                  I have a Thunderhorn coup stick that I bought in 96 and it just got to be too much. I called the bowyer Duanne Jessup and he lighten it up 3 to 5 lbs and the bow is great . For a cheap price he made that bow new.

                  wahoo
                  Member
                  Member
                    Post count: 420
                    in reply to: boots #27912

                    what style keens ? They may be fine. I can drive 3 hrs and try some . No joke so if I have a list of boots I will try them.

                    wahoo
                    Member
                    Member
                      Post count: 420
                      in reply to: boots #27504

                      Those Limmer look just like the Merril widerness??? The widerness was a great boot but the new pair I bought 3yrs ago have new insides and the leak like crazy.I can’t understand when a company has something that works why change it ? I have Keens but question if they could hold up with heavy use on a regular basis.

                      wahoo
                      Member
                      Member
                        Post count: 420
                        in reply to: boots #27375

                        I have read all the reviews of the boots you mentioned but the only pair I was able to try were the kenetreks which I found at the old Sportsmans . The Meindls have great write ups but seem to have more probs than others . I work with folks who swear by the Denalis also friends that say the Kenetreks are the only boot to have . The lowas have great reviews.

                        wahoo
                        Member
                          Post count: 420
                          in reply to: Ground Hunting #27342

                          I shot my first and only deer a few years ago from a stand using my new Owl bow (mule ) it was big fun but I was on private property and only had to sit for about 40 min. I have tried for white tail but seem to get closer stalking on the ground. I’m a ground man

                          wahoo
                          Member
                            Post count: 420
                            in reply to: The Mentor's Art #27321

                            Dons the best — oh sorry Dave – you are too. I love all the books and writings from these gents.

                            wahoo
                            Member
                              Post count: 420

                              Clay I saw you on the tube last night – shoeing and trying to do some fly fishing on the Snake.

                              wahoo
                              Member
                                Post count: 420

                                darn thing looks like it has a tan and whats that white stuff around it’s mouth ? Looks rabid

                                wahoo
                                Member
                                  Post count: 420

                                  You might find lost antlers at 3 rivers. It’s been a while but I think I bought mine there. Good flick

                                Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 386 total)