Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • skinner biscuit
    Member
    Member
      Post count: 252
      in reply to: feathers #23890

      Here’s my final end product.2 12″x 4 straight fletch;slight offset.Had too build out the shelf plate when I switched to a smaller feather.I have finally divorced my magnus stinger 2 blades and beer can arrows(said goodbye too aluminum inserts as well).I must confess though, I did take some of the old dogs to the pope and young trad shoot in brownsville.(broadhead 3d shoot).Shot the tuffheads only at targets that if I missed could easily recover my arrows.Thanks to all for showing me the light! THESE ARROWS ROCK!

      attached file
      skinner biscuit
      Member
      Member
        Post count: 252

        I have built 4 arrows with the footing on.1 in the works. All 3 spun true and fly great.

        skinner biscuit
        Member
          Post count: 252

          I got the new cabelas archery catalog. Flipped

          through the pages and it was mostly crossbows and mechanical broadheads. Tossed it in the recyclables were it belonged.

          skinner biscuit
          Member
            Post count: 252

            Here in my neck of the woods, they clear cut, replant with doug fir only.Then comes the aerial spraying of herbicide killing every thing but the fir. Then they spray again. You end up with a dead zone of vegetation that takes about five years to recover!…and they wonder why the blacktail and roosevelts are in decline.

            skinner biscuit
            Member
            Member
              Post count: 252
              in reply to: feathers #58647

              Ordered some 2″truflight sheilds from eaglearchey . Doing a 4x fletch.For a guilty pleasure ordered a youngs feather burner from kustomking.Oh the joys! of having a seperate banking account from the wife!

              skinner biscuit
              Member
                Post count: 252
                in reply to: Hang your bows? #58190

                And a arrow rack as well!

                attached file
                skinner biscuit
                Member
                  Post count: 252
                  in reply to: Hang your bows? #58187

                  Here’s mine I made myself.

                  attached file
                  skinner biscuit
                  Member
                    Post count: 252

                    I bought some hex blunts from Dave at the Pope and Young shoot in Brownsville.Very nice guy.It was my first time there and his wife Nancy was very helpful.I open my first magazine from TB and there they were.As a member of TAO I’m glad to have Dave and Rich and the rest of the officers represent us.Now their is talk of allowing crossbows for the disabled in the general archery season .WE need guy’s like Dave more than ever.

                    skinner biscuit
                    Member
                    Member
                      Post count: 252
                      in reply to: tuning ? #16286

                      Went back to the GT5575. First thing I did was remove the footing as being at 2″ it was up against the shelf. Made me a 1″ one out of a old 2216 shaft from a hodgepodge box of arrows.Cut a 1/4 inch off arrow till I got good flight.Slight impact to left.Some nock high at 10 yrds, but level at 15,20,25,30 yards. Might do a little bit fine tuning but I think I’ll wait till I get a half dozen.As of now arrow weight 681 grs. foc 30%. Thanks Steve!:twisted:

                      skinner biscuit
                      Member
                      Member
                        Post count: 252
                        in reply to: tuning ? #13775

                        Steve I’m shooting a 61# @ 28″ recurve. I draw 26″ so around 54-53#. Shaft is a GT7595 with the weight being 768 grs. 315gr test point,two 5 gr brass washers ,100 gr insert. and 25 gr footing.

                        skinner biscuit
                        Member
                        Member
                          Post count: 252
                          in reply to: tuning ? #12971

                          3rd

                          attached file
                          skinner biscuit
                          Member
                          Member
                            Post count: 252
                            in reply to: tuning ? #12969

                            2nd

                            attached file
                            skinner biscuit
                            Member
                            Member
                              Post count: 252
                              in reply to: tuning ? #12907

                              Shot 20 and 25 yrd. Fishtail too the right 10 yrds then too the left. Never had luck with the 10 yrd thing. Heres my first shot at 25 yrds after adding 25 grs too point weight. Still too stiff.

                              attached file
                              skinner biscuit
                              Member
                              Member
                                Post count: 252
                                in reply to: tuning ? #11569

                                I was going by how it was resting in the target.:oops:…..DUhhh????..HEY BOY!

                                skinner biscuit
                                Member
                                Member
                                  Post count: 252
                                  in reply to: tuning ? #10649

                                  Pretty sure I went to far. Back to the drawing board in the devils playground.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 177 total)