Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • skinner biscuit
    Member
      Post count: 252

      Stu millers spine calculator on 3 rivers archery website.Troy’s tuning the foc arrow on tuffheads website.

      skinner biscuit
      Member
      Member
        Post count: 252

        My wife loved your comment’s.When I read them to her she was cracking up! 😀

        skinner biscuit
        Member
          Post count: 252
          in reply to: Predator Recurve? #12633

          Jim, give hunters niche a call.Ron and Mike are great guys and would happily answer any questions you might have. I have the 60″ amo but only draw 26″. My limbs are 61# @ 28″.

          skinner biscuit
          Member
            Post count: 252
            in reply to: Predator Recurve? #12166

            Jim ,I too shoot a predator hunter.Absolutely love it!If you get one you wont regret it. Brian.

            attached file
            skinner biscuit
            Member
            Member
              Post count: 252

              Moebow,I anchor corner of mouth,middle finger.

              skinner biscuit
              Member
                Post count: 252

                Check out stu millers spine calculator.3 rivers archery has a link. I shoot 3 under but prefer a tab.Welcome to trad bow!

                skinner biscuit
                Member
                Member
                  Post count: 252

                  Design style,round,square,etc.

                  skinner biscuit
                  Member
                    Post count: 252

                    I had someone drop off a deer carcass wraped in a bedsheet at the end of my driveway.On examination I noticed they took the head,backstraps,and a couple cuts out of the rump.The rest was left to rot.Needless to say I was disgusted.Drug it to the side of the county road in plain sight,was gone the next day.Some people have no business hunting.

                    skinner biscuit
                    Member
                      Post count: 252
                      in reply to: wool or camo? #16931

                      The best camo is a Velcro strap on your bow quiver with a fir bough.(or whatever tree or shrub).It will help conceal your draw.A old Larry Jones trick I seen in a book;minus the Velcro.

                      skinner biscuit
                      Member
                        Post count: 252

                        Killed a cow at ten yrds.Put a tuffhead in the lungs.Went about 60 yrds and was dead when I found her.Best of luck to you all.Now to pursue the elusive blacktail.

                        skinner biscuit
                        Member
                          Post count: 252

                          I tried it with my digital camera.Indeed a great tool and fun to watch.I use to use a dead release and tried the touch your shoulder thing, but I never could get it to come natural.Then I discovered a guy on you tube who said to follow through by touching you ear.I picked this up very quick and it comes natural without thinking about it.

                          skinner biscuit
                          Member
                            Post count: 252
                            in reply to: Totems #40448

                            For me it’s the mountain lion.My wife pointed it out to me as I have quite a collection of black panther figures.I have a mountain lion leather stamp that I put on my homemade bow holder.(the pocket for the bow tip on parracord tied to the belt) and on my armguard as well.Just for luck and stealth as a hunter.I always get as much meat as possible from a kill (I butcher myself) and never throw away wild meat (I’ll finish the kid’s plate) out of respect for the animal.To waste is taboo.To consume a religious experience.

                            skinner biscuit
                            Member
                              Post count: 252
                              in reply to: Hunting canoe #39490

                              Jim, I have a 18 ft grumman alumminum canoe with fiberglass outriggers and a 3 horse mercury outboard.With outriggers it makes for a very stable boat.You can jump in the water and climb over the gunwales to get back in.I have had this canoe in the Columbia river when its whitecapping with no problems.Check out Nelson outrriggers on the Internet.Expensive yes but they make your canoe a dream boat.I get a good laugh at the $40000 boats burning $100 of fuel when I can boat all weekend on $5 and go places with shallow draft and narrow channel.

                              skinner biscuit
                              Member
                                Post count: 252

                                If this is what hunting becomes,I’ll be a Peta foot soldier! Whatching that video was repulsive…puke,puke,smeared in poop!

                                skinner biscuit
                                Member
                                Member
                                  Post count: 252

                                  Opensky, I found that if I spin it with slight pressure I get my best result.When I did my old magnus stinger 2 blades, this was not such a issue.I use bohning insert iron as it has a 24 hour cure and holds up well.(personal preference).(72 hr full cure).I too had the wobble effect at first.I figured out it was a release issue.I found that if I pull on the string of the first crease of my second finger.Then put the string in the first crease of third finger and the first finger between the tip and first crease.I pull to anchor release from the corner of mouth and follow through by touching my ear.This give’s me a clean release.The beauty of building your own arrows and not buying them off the shelf is you can build them to your own taste and it is much more satisfying.There will be trials and frustration;lord knows I have had my share but is all in the learning experience.Find out what works best for you,tweak things and find success!

                                  attached file
                                Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 177 total)