Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • skinner biscuit
    Member
    Member
      Post count: 252
      in reply to: nock high? #7725

      Steve, I too shoot 3 under.I took a tape reading from the riser to the string.Is this how to check the bow tiller? Measurement was the same. Stu.

      skinner biscuit
      Member
      Member
        Post count: 252
        in reply to: nock high? #62586

        Is this tail kick?

        skinner biscuit
        Member
        Member
          Post count: 252
          in reply to: using test weights #56444

          Smith,with the 100 gr. insert we will get 425gr.The test shafts are 1535(.600)3555(.500)5575(.400)and 7595(.300). I have a hunch I’ll end up with the 5575’s but I could be wrong. These are full length and I draw 26″ so I’ll start at 30″ and work my way back.As with the feathers I think I confused the question? I just want to know if I am going to be able to use my blitz right helical clamp on my Dr.Ed inspired arrow?

          skinner biscuit
          Member
          Member
            Post count: 252
            in reply to: using test weights #54467

            Had to send back the brass inserts to 3 rivers.They micd. out at .243, too much slop for my taste. REordered some gold tip 100gr. brass. Should be here in a few days.Still stretching my new string too.Here’s a couple questions.What do you clean the inside of the shafts with before gluing the inserts? I know this is a little ahead of myself but what type of clamp do you use with your fletching jig? (straight,helical,etc.)Thanks for your help guy’s as my journey begins!

            skinner biscuit
            Member
            Member
              Post count: 252
              in reply to: using test weights #52900

              The grizzly stick 315 gr.is a field point from their test kit.

              skinner biscuit
              Member
                Post count: 252

                Ausjim, here is a picture of my homemade holster made with my speedy stitch sewing awl.When sewing heavy leather I use what I call the nail method. After you have cut out your leather pattern,hold it together and make a hole with a small bit in a power drill.Stick a finishing nail in the hole to hold the pattern together.Continue drilling holes and putting nails in them. When your ready to sew pull, out a nail and put in a stitch.You’ll be amazed how fast you can sew heavy leather!

                attached file
                skinner biscuit
                Member
                Member
                  Post count: 252
                  in reply to: tape dispenser #51330

                  Gentlemen,another advantage my little jig has is it keeps the tape clean as well.Your compliments are much appreciated.Thanks!

                  skinner biscuit
                  Member
                  Member
                    Post count: 252
                    in reply to: Armguards #47945

                    I ordered my one from 3 rivers (stretch type)leather. My poor old garage sale ben pearson’s elastic is begining to show its age…..smelled like it too..Cost a whole dollar!

                    skinner biscuit
                    Member
                      Post count: 252

                      Uncle Henry golden spike,Remington big game folder,uncle henry trapper. Spetnatz survival matchete, for making trails through the rain forest jungle.

                      attached file
                      skinner biscuit
                      Member
                        Post count: 252

                        Magnus 2 blade 125gr. with 100 gr. brass insert…(this is a old post?) Ive long since moved to tuffheads.

                        skinner biscuit
                        Member
                          Post count: 252

                          For practice back quiver,hunting selway bolt on. I always practice with four arrow’s out of five slots in my bow quiver.

                          skinner biscuit
                          Member
                            Post count: 252

                            I have two ww2 packboards, that I use. Nothing fancy but functional. After all these years they still smell of cosmoline. Once I get them to the road I switch to the game cart.

                            skinner biscuit
                            Member
                              Post count: 252
                              in reply to: Monkey Tails #29380

                              I have them on my predator hunter recurve. Had string jacks but they were always moving and later came apart. The monkey tails stay put and hold up well. Big fan.

                              skinner biscuit
                              Member
                                Post count: 252

                                I had a pair of wool surplus pants that were German surplus.They were a jean cut pant and not the baggy butt type with side pockets.I loved those pants and wore them out after many years of hard hunting.I still have a U.S. GI wool shirt that makes a great layer garment.In fall and winter hunting nothing compares to wool.(my thought)

                                skinner biscuit
                                Member
                                Member
                                  Post count: 252

                                  I mic. the inserts 2016s are .266 and 2018s are .264.Anybody fill free to correct me thanks!

                                Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 177 total)