Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Robin Conrads
    Admin
      Post count: 41

      Hi Harold. Welcome to the forums. I’ve been through your part of Colorado and it’s beautiful. Fred is a character and would be fun to shoot with, but he’s also guiding turkey hunters and generally a very busy guy. We have a Club and Mentor Listing on this site, but I have no idea how current the contacts are. I see one in Colorado Springs, CO but I know that’s a ways from you. But call or email to see if they have any members in your area. There is also one in New Mexico, but again, I don’t know how far that is from you.

      Good luck. Hopefully some of the guys will chime in. Several are in the “southwest” but that’s a big area. 😉

      Robin – Webmother (Retired)

      Robin Conrads
      Admin
        Post count: 41

        Ugh. Spammers need to get a life! It looks like Amanda already deleted the account. But feel free to resume the conversation. 😉

        Everyone, take Richard’s advice and don’t click on links in these posts.

        Mom

        Robin Conrads
        Admin
          Post count: 41

          We have a tip on our site called Bowstring Wax. In the comments, one gentleman suggests 75% beeswax and 25% toilet bowl ring wax. Another suggests pouring into a bathroom Dixie cup for easy application.

          I lost three of my four hives over winter. I’ll split the surviving hive and I’ve ordered more bees. Wish I lived closer, Dennis. I’d buy them from you!

          Robin

          Robin Conrads
          Admin
            Post count: 41

            Hi Josh. I remember your dad’s writing, and looking at the list I have, they were stories that I enjoyed very much. I see your order online, so I’ll email you directly about the other articles. If he advertised in any of those magazines, I wouldn’t know. Good luck finding his bows.

            Robin

            Robin Conrads
            Admin
              Post count: 41

              Dennis and Ray, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Get lots of fresh air, even if you can’t shoot anything. Richard, be sure to keep us posted on your fun rounds.

              All is well here, except it’s winter and I can’t wait for spring. T.J. and Kerri are getting ready to go to the Expo in Kalamazoo. Always a fun time, especially after last year’s show was canceled. I hope to see all my friends at the PBS Gathering in Reno in March, and this summer at the Compton Rendezvous in Michigan.

              I hope all of you are getting a good start to 2022!

              Mom

              Robin Conrads
              Admin
                Post count: 41
                in reply to: HAPPY NEW YEAR!! #157086

                Happy New Year! It will be a strange year for me, as I have decided to retire at the end of February. I’ll still be in the background, but Amanda will be taking over many of my jobs. I’ve been practicing for this for the past six months, so I think it will be good. 😉

                Robin Conrads
                Admin
                  Post count: 41

                  That’s awesome…about your daughter’s success. Not so much about the MRI but I hope they find whatever is wrong. Those machines are kinda creepy.

                  All is well here. Just sent the Feb/Mar issue to press. Y’all should be getting a new magazine by the end of December. We are so thankful for all of you!

                Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)