Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
in reply to: Ashby Bowhunting Foundation Updated Web Page #164891
Hi Ed. It is great to hear from you and see that your work is continuing through the foundation. I did a small edit to make the link clickable.
Take care,
Robinin reply to: Big Game Recovery Products #164572Welcome Roger. To be clear, Roger asked me first if he could mention his company’s tracker, so chat away about it…or your methods for making sure you find what you shot.
Mom
in reply to: More Hobbies–A Bow of a Different Kind #163294Amazing! Thank you for sharing.
in reply to: Whatcha Got Going 2023? #163070Our condolences, Dennis. That is terrible. Prayers for all who loved him.
Robin
in reply to: Bob Swinehart #162759Sorry I didn’t see this sooner Scout. Is it still a problem? Our emails changed when I “retired” (which I’m not anymore, but that’s a different story). You can reach me directly at robin@tradbow.com. Let me know if it’s still happening.
WebMom
in reply to: Christmas Time #162121I hope everyone had a great Christmas with family and friends.
(Now I’m ready for Spring!)
in reply to: Real Tree or Artificial #161725We have always had a real tree, and we prefer to get a permit from the Forest Service and cut our own. Make a day of it with family. Trees on a lot are so expensive, and they are trimmed to look “perfect.” We like more character.
in reply to: Hey T.J. ………… #161197Yes, that is an embarrassing faux pas that has been pointed out by SEVERAL people now. The caption was written by the author and none of us caught it. As you said, not the worst thing in the scheme of things…and not the worst mistake we’ve ever made, but embarrassing all the same. Just goes to prove that humans still work here!
Does anyone remember the worst typo ever? Hint: it was in a Don Thomas editorial (a long time ago).
in reply to: Rotator Cuff Stuff #160885You’re not dreaming. Don has written several times about shoulder issues. The article “Ouch!” is in the Feb/Mar 97 issue, and Ouch Revisited is in Jun/Jul 97.
He wrote a more recent article, “Achilles Shoulder” in the Aug/Sep 2015 issue.
All of these issues are available in print if you don’t already have them. The recent one I can get in pdf version, if you like.
Another one that might be of interest, “Shoulder Preventative Maintenance” by Dave Cole is in the Oct/Nov 2000 issue. Don’t know if I can get that in pdf or not.
Robin
Sometimes new members are obviously spam and Amanda will delete them as soon as time allows (which is why Zaaz now shows up as Anonymous). Some are a little harder to determine if they are spam.
I appreciate the welcome messages that several of you post, but please do not click any links in posts that are not from one of our regular members.
Happy Fall!
Mom
in reply to: Building that EFOC & UEFOC arrow #160830We sell The Traditional Bowhunter’s Handbook on this site. https://tradbow.com/product/the-traditional-bowhunters-handbook/
Thanks for recommending it.
in reply to: Totally new here… #160293Dang, we’re neighbors. We are between Boise and Mountain Home. Check out the Idaho Traditional Bowhunters (if you haven’t already) to see if there are shoots, events or meetings you’d like to attend.
in reply to: Totally new here… #160282Hi John. Welcome to the family. Where are you from and what kind of bow do you shoot?
I’m the Webmother here so if you have any questions about the website or the magazine send me a message. Have fun shooting traditional bows and making new friends.
Hi Pat! Welcome. We have a small group with great members, so it might take a bit for everyone to see your post and say hello. I hope you have fun getting to know the members here. I am the retired webmaster of tradbow.com and one of the moderators here. I go by Webmother or Webmom, a nickname given to me a long time ago. If you have any questions about the site or the forums, let me know.
I will say that you are very lucky if you have a local shop that can outfit you with traditional gear. I would suggest checking out the Clubs and Mentors page to see if there is a local traditional club near you. (Keep in mind the contact info on that page may be old.) Good luck with your traditional journey!
Robin
in reply to: Whatch Got Going 2022 #159600Sounds like a wonderful day. Richard, would you please email me at robin@tradbow.com? Thanks!
-
AuthorPosts