Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • wahoo
    Member
      Post count: 420
      in reply to: Getting in shape #40888

      like smith said – I’m not much on working out but I hike , bike , ski,camp anything except pump iron. Last night I hiked looking for mushrooms even though it is early and dry , saw a nice rubber boa constrictor – big fun . I like to exercise as long as nobody calls it working out and of course there is always cold beverage.

      wahoo
      Member
        Post count: 420
        in reply to: woodies 101 #39971

        Clay been to your sight . Again great videos – great site love the BHA plug – thanks

        wahoo
        Member
          Post count: 420
          in reply to: woodies 101 #39190

          luv your videos luv the wood. Thanks very much. Tried carbons last year and theres just no soul gone back to woodies.

          wahoo
          Member
            Post count: 420

            mine are just what the boys said

            wahoo
            Member
              Post count: 420

              very nice Smith – your a lucky man

              wahoo
              Member
                Post count: 420
                in reply to: Entering the sport #25836

                just don’t over bow yourself. That shop in the video had some recurves hanging on the wall – you may want to shoot a couple of them 1st . I would suggest you stay 55lbs or under and have fun . Your son will love it

                wahoo
                Member
                  Post count: 420

                  I’ve always said I won’t shoot over 20yrds because how I practice but I have shot deer and gone back and measured yardage and it was 27 – 28 yards . Ever situation is different and myself tells me when it’s good or bad. I can see a animal and say oh that’s way too far and see another all relaxed and not knowing I am there and get that feeling this is a piece of cake and make the shot. I do love 20 and under

                  wahoo
                  Member
                    Post count: 420

                    man I used to hunt to kill. I would go out night before and pound the brush till I killed. Then it seemed like a job , now I go hunt hard still but enjoy being outdoors by myself , love hearing bulls bugle and if something happens just smile and move on . It’s just great being outdoors

                    wahoo
                    Member
                      Post count: 420

                      thats it getting rid of carbons going back to woodies . I also use TJ’s book. Important to know or align the rift of the wood with the bow in case of breakage.

                      wahoo
                      Member
                        Post count: 420
                        in reply to: Fletching color #57783

                        yellow or lime green . easy to see

                        wahoo
                        Member
                          Post count: 420

                          really nice of you . Hope that all comes together for you and the good hunt

                          wahoo
                          Member
                          Member
                            Post count: 420
                            in reply to: BHA of Idaho #57503

                            Smith I had talked to an outfitter that said yes . He said last season during archery that they pack in with ponies and theres a rancher riding in on an ATV looking for moo cows . This is a bad deal for archery and any hunting in these units I am trying to find out more info. With the new travel plans I thought this to be a no no.

                            wahoo
                            Member
                            Member
                              Post count: 420
                              in reply to: BHA of Idaho #52088

                              Smith thanks for replying I heard that on the streets so it can be whiskey talk or something we need to address , it just alarmed me. Any info would be great . Thanks

                              wahoo
                              Member
                                Post count: 420
                                in reply to: Helle Knives #47184

                                I own a few myself and bought a couple as gifts. My go to is the Poplar and I don’t think they have it any more .

                                wahoo
                                Member
                                  Post count: 420

                                  last night was about 10 degrees and warming to the upper 30’s and is real nice outside. Like Smith said we had a 3 week cold snap but all in all it’s been good. We have good snow pack for summer and mushrooms ( 2012 fire season ). It is going to be sunny and warm the rest of the week high 50’s .I think spring is here

                                Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 386 total)