Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • sinawalli
      Post count: 222

      Anyone who hunts and brews beer can’t be that bad!! Welcome!

      sinawalli
        Post count: 222

        Love the concept, but I too would like to know how it would fair in nasty weather! I guess you could configure a more compact design like a A frame. Great idea, seems like these shelters are growing in popularity! Outfits like Kifaru, Seek Outside charge mega bucks for what really amounts to a glorified tarp. Keep those videos coming!!

        sinawalli
          Post count: 222
          in reply to: 4 Season Tents #30024

          paleoman wrote: My old tent is a Eureka Timberline that gave me many years of 3 season service. The nylon is starting to delaminate and it’s just getting old. Seeing I’ll use it in Oct/Nov mainly, are the double walled 4 season tents worth it for the potential extra insulation? This will be a more moveable setup vs a wall tent & stove deal..

          Single wall 4 season like Bibler, much lighter to pack and bomb proof! Unless you don’t have to pack, then wall tent and stove are the way to go!!

          sinawalli
            Post count: 222
            in reply to: MREs #30021

            Not a military guy, but I have eaten plenty of MRE’s. All I can say is best gas I ever had…

            sinawalli
              Post count: 222

              plentycoupe wrote: I bought this one at the Red River chapter RMEF auction this spring.

              I recently received the sheath. After receiving a post on here earlier to contact Gregg at Great Lakes Leather Works I did and he came up with this for me.

              Tonight I will have them with me as I take a 13 year old out on his first hunt ever. Whitetail doe here in ND!

              How about some specs on that knife! Love that style! Very nice!

              sinawalli
                Post count: 222
                in reply to: Mineral lick #20924

                No, not man made. Although close to the road, it is a evil walk to get there. I had no idea about it, but when I saw the well worn game trails I figured they had to be going somewhere important. There is also a natural spring coming out of the ground about 100 yards away.

                sinawalli
                  Post count: 222

                  I won’t be much help either! I have a 1970 Grizzly that I tried to sell once. All I can say is thank God no one bought it! I love to shoot it, and can’t wait to hunt with it!

                  sinawalli
                    Post count: 222

                    Steiner 8X30 Nighthunter XP. Best binos I have ever used! No need to focus, put them up to your eyes and look!

                    sinawalli
                      Post count: 222

                      Set it at 7.25″ and it shoots like laser beam! Thanks to all!

                      sinawalli
                        Post count: 222

                        Thank you gents! I’ll start at 7.25″, and go from there!

                        sinawalli
                          Post count: 222

                          jpcarlson wrote: Being a knife maker for years, I will second DH Russell Canadian belt knives as a great option for a good quality knife. I have had one in my hunting/skinning kit for years as it was passed on to my by my Dad. The knife must be 30 plus years old and will hold a keen edge. I can go through a white tail no problem, and have gone through an elk in the field with only one minor touch up while quartering. They run around $100. You may be able to find an old one on ebay for a better price, well worth it. Check them out

                          J

                          Apparently they made a batch years ago out of some crap steel! I have one and it gets dull just thinking about cutting something!

                          As for the person looking at the knife made in Pakistan, don’t bother! Spend $20 on a Mora!

                          sinawalli
                            Post count: 222

                            Haven’t tried it, but I can see it working quite well. Only thing I would add is that you should try to make the same amount of strokes on each side!

                            sinawalli
                              Post count: 222

                              Interesting! Will have to give that a whirl! Thanks!

                              sinawalli
                                Post count: 222

                                For me, Sept6 for five days of elk hunting in the foothills! Right in the middle of grizzly and kitty cat country! Will either be solo or one other guy.

                                sinawalli
                                  Post count: 222
                                  in reply to: Wild Voices #40267

                                  Problem with hearing wolves I find is that game can be scarce. One trip north for moose in a once lucrative spot was dismal. Saw heard wolves all the time. Still makes for a awesome hunting experience! My first trad hunt, I had one walk up to within 20 yards of me. Would of came closer, but I chickened out. Was hiding behind a tree and he had no idea I was there! Pretty cool!

                                Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 197 total)