Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 196 through 197 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • sinawalli
      Post count: 222
      in reply to: Scent proof? #35806

      David Petersen wrote: Paleo — Montana Pitch Blend is bees wax, pine oil and mink oil, works far better than Sno Seal or anything else for waterproofing and preserving leather, and the animals don’t seem the least offended by it. But the laces will give you away unless you tuck them in so they’re not exposed or spray with deer or elk pee for them what uses it.

      Ever try Obenauf’s? Works very well.

      I was out setting up camp many years ago on a Sunday ( Sunday hunting was illegal back then), was coming back to camp with a load of firewood, when I decided to check out this cut block. I was sitting on a log,looking, when I heard a twig snap. I saw 2 does walking towards me. I just sat still, and they walked right up to me. One actually sniffed my knee (I felt her nose touch my knee). She backed off about 2 feet, and started eating with her friend. They eventually wandered off. I wasn’t wearing anything “scent proof”, a pair of Carhartt work pants, and a sweat shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and a pair of old work boots.

      sinawalli
        Post count: 222
        in reply to: Boots? #31527

        Gotta resurrect this one! I have 2 pair of Bean boots, one is about 2 years old, with a insulated gore tex liner, and the other pair are uninsulated, and about 25 years old. Both are great boots! Also really like my Arrow Bush Boots, very comfortable, very well priced, and built like a tank. Very quiet in the bush.

      Viewing 2 posts - 196 through 197 (of 197 total)