Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • horserod
    Member
    Member
      Post count: 78
      in reply to: Carbon Arrows #19196

      Thanks Steve. Do I use epoxy/super glue for the nock ends too ?? I know I’ll have to replace the nocks from time to time due to practice shooting….:) Bullseye

      horserod
      Member
        Post count: 78

        Wonderful!!! Thanks for taking us along for the hunt…….Can we go with ya on the next one ??? Tom

        horserod
        Member
          Post count: 78

          My Dad gave me a Bear bow (30#) for my Christmas present in ’57. Except for a brief experiment with a compound bow in ’76-’77, I’ve always had a recurve bow. Ron Laclair befriended me in ’81 and I’ve been using mostly long bows since. The only way I can explain my feelings is….Joy in my heart. Put a longbow or recurve in my hand and a quiver of arrows on my back (or at my side) and when I’m in the woods or fields everything seems to be so surreal…..it’s like i’m in another state of mind, in another place or time. I can enjoy so much around me. I’m ecstatic. It’s a magical time that I treasure everytime I can be one with my bow and arrow. Tom

          horserod
          Member
            Post count: 78

            I’ve tried shootin’ at nite on a bale and I don’t do well because I lose my depth perception. So, I’m out of my stand when I can’t make out antlers. Just my rules….TR

            horserod
            Member
              Post count: 78

              Ohio is divided up into 3 zones, A,B,& C. I live in Zone B. I can harvest 1-Buck (3″ Antlers or better) and 3-Does. Either/or tag is $24. Doe tag is $15. All my wife and I need is one Deer. She’s an excellent cook(especially wild game) and uses it all up thru the winter into the spring time. TR

              horserod
              Member
                Post count: 78

                I’m a “loner” from Jamestown, S.E. of Xenia. Happy Hunting !!

                horserod
                Member
                  Post count: 78

                  Congrats Ed ! What poundage is your Shrew that you used one this Elk ?/ Tom

                  horserod
                  Member
                  Member
                    Post count: 78

                    Thanks to you all for your replies. I guess I need to grab my camera, bow & arrows and head for the woods !!!! Tom

                    horserod
                    Member
                    Member
                      Post count: 78

                      Thanks, How about Feb/Mar 2010 issue ??? I’d have to get up in the attic to view other issues. I’d appreciate it !!! Tom

                    Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)