Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • horserod
    Member
      Post count: 78

      That’s beautiful! Wow! Thanks for sharing…..Horserod

      horserod
      Member
        Post count: 78

        I may be wrong, but, wasn’t it Clint Eastwood who said…..”A mans got to know his limitations”! I think that’s pretty sound advise. 😉 Horserod

        horserod
        Member
          Post count: 78

          I practice out to 25 yds, but, I restrict myself to 20 yds and under for hunting conditions. Actually, in the last 25 years of deer hunting all shots have been 17 yds and under. Horserod

          horserod
          Member
            Post count: 78
            in reply to: Martin Archery #11419

            I sure wish I had my 53# Super Diablo back…..It was probably the best bow I ever shot back then. I was deadly accurate with that bow…….Gosh, how we make big mistakes from time to time……:( Horserod

            horserod
            Member
              Post count: 78

              I’ll second that what Steve said. My ’70 Super Kodiak and ’70 Tigercat not to mention my ’75 Kodiak Magnum and ’76 Super Grizzly look almost brand new…..compared to my 2001 Super Kodiak which hasn’t been shot that much. I’ve heard of other similar finish and fiberglass problems too. A new Bear? No thank you until they get their act together. 🙁 Horserod

              horserod
              Member
                Post count: 78

                I really don’t know why one would even leave the shaved quills in place? Why not just shoot a “bare” shaft as it is refered to for tuning….??? Or am I missing something here? Horserod

                horserod
                Member
                  Post count: 78
                  in reply to: Interests #57546

                  Archery,guns,motorcycles. Been shootin’ the bow and arrow since 1957. Been riding cycles since 1962 and shooting guns, well, seems like forever! Horserod

                  horserod
                  Member
                    Post count: 78
                    in reply to: Off Season #54225

                    This is a time of the year that I like to get out and combine both scouting and stump shooting……It’s fun and helps me keep in “bowhunting” shape! And finding antler sheds is a bonus too. Horserod

                    horserod
                    Member
                      Post count: 78
                      in reply to: Cliff Zwickey Head #52015

                      Dave, You have such an eloquent way with words my friend! Thank you very much…..Horserod

                      horserod
                      Member
                        Post count: 78
                        in reply to: Fletching Tool? #52007

                        You know guys, I’ve got a half dozen of old Bear Magnums (308’s) that needs fletched. Tomorrow I think I’ll dust of the old Blitzen and get the job done! Thanks for the reminder of how much fun that is, one feather at a time! 😀 Horserod

                        horserod
                        Member
                          Post count: 78
                          in reply to: old men #52002

                          Yeah, I’m shooting less #’s and enjoying it more myself! Now if I could loose some body pounds I could get around better for sure…..but, the trouble is I like to eat and drink a few beers! After 66 years of hard labor I deserve it anyway……….That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!!!! 😉 Horserod

                          horserod
                          Member
                            Post count: 78
                            in reply to: Cliff Zwickey Head #46507

                            Correct me if I’m wrong….but, our early bowhunting “Hero’s” like Pope & Young and Howard Hill (among others) used barbed heads during their hunting adventures and I don’t remember any negative reports generated by such exploits. They are legal here in Ohio as I made several calls to our DNR. I haven’t tried them yet as I use the Hunter’s Head, Howard Hill and Jerry Hill’s heads right now. I have taken a bunch of deer using alot of different heads. Like most here have stated: “It’s placing the arrow where it needs to be with a razor sharp edge on the broadhead blades that does the job most efficiently” However, YMMV, Just my 2 cents…….Horserod

                            horserod
                            Member
                              Post count: 78
                              in reply to: old men #46473

                              Dave, Talking about a picture of two old guys……I have a pic of you and I at the Kazoo Expo that I’d like to send ya if you will PM me with your address. Horserod (old Bullseye)

                              horserod
                              Member
                                Post count: 78

                                Robbie, Troy is pretty much right on. The string length is different for a longbow or recurve. I’ve found that (for me) 5 twists of the string is equal to 1/2″ though. Your twists might vary too! 🙂 Horserod

                                horserod
                                Member
                                  Post count: 78
                                  in reply to: Great Northern Bow #29685

                                  Great Northern bows just plain work for me. They are very well built, very good looking and shoot very well. I love their handles. I can switch from their longbows to their recurves and back with no problems, Really good performers and GN stands behind everything they make. They’ve been around for a while. Try one. You’ll be glad you did! Bullseye (Standard Disclaimer applies here: I ,in no way, am connected with or work for Great Northern) 😉

                                Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)