Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • wahoo
    Member
      Post count: 420

      T I thought I read here but can’t remember, any way I shoot Gold Tip with tubes in them and the nocks would come out. I took a pair of needle nose pliers and every couple inches pinched them and then I use gorilla tape and wrap the base of my nocks to the shaft – seems to work

      wahoo
      Member
        Post count: 420
        in reply to: Heavy Arrows #54076

        what Penn said . I shoot a 54lb bow @ 25″ and my woodies will go 650grn – my graphite will go 540 if I want more which I do for elk I have to add tubes and can get 650 . I have been shooting Gold Tip Traditional 400 with 200 – 250 grn head for my 550 and as said tubes for more.

        wahoo
        Member
          Post count: 420

          All these guys are right and packing in is fun but depending on time don’t get stuck in one drainage with no one home. I use a Hubba Hubba tent Western mountaineering bag pack stove and stuff mentioned above and you can go in a couple miles hunt no one home come out drive a few miles and be able to hunt on a hole other mountain and drainage . Remember if elk get buggered up they move and they might not come back. There are a lot of great tents and they all seem to cost a lot of money you will have to shop and find whats best for you . I have been using a Badlands 2200 , it’s good for 2-3 day stay and it has an internal frame so when you kill you can pack meat .

          wahoo
          Member
            Post count: 420
            in reply to: Fletching Tool? #52359

            I have a Jo Jan multi and works great. You can do 6 in an hour . I usually shoot between feathers to let the glue dry . Works great

            wahoo
            Member
              Post count: 420

              all the above plus how much time do you have?? I think you need to be portable . You need to cover ground . No elk in this drainage move to the next. It’s big country so if you place base camp in one place it will let you cover a lot of different parts of the mountains without moving your camp everyday . Ck with the fish and game and spend if you have to extra money for bird tags . Grouse can be big fun to hunt and eat if the elk don’t want to play.

              wahoo
              Member
                Post count: 420
                in reply to: Gettin' Out… #45732

                Robertson being babied – really like the way that bear looked

                wahoo
                Member
                  Post count: 420
                  in reply to: Gettin' Out… #45549

                  nice day – what kind of bows – both looked nice

                  wahoo
                  Member
                  Member
                    Post count: 420

                    just picked up a new computer and just started reading about photos. I will have to play with that??? I think the brace will start at 8″ I really wonder about the shelf , but that should be easy to

                    wahoo
                    Member
                      Post count: 420
                      wahoo
                      Member
                        Post count: 420

                        wolf these guys will kill me but this year was my 1st with carbon so I struggled with my arrow set up. Long story short I have a 25″ draw and shoot 50lb longbow. My arrows were gold tips 35 55 and they finished out at 550 grn. I have been shooting woodies that finished out at 650grn which my bow and myself like for elk. I was fortunate to take an elk last day of the season with the lighter arrow set up. The arrow was buried to the fletching and the animal traveled about 40 yds. As we know broad heads need to be sharp and take close broadside shots and you will be fine . Good luck and congrats on a new bow

                        wahoo
                        Member
                          Post count: 420
                          in reply to: new bow help #29272

                          Your a lucky man I have been shooting Centaur- Thunderhorn coup stick – Owl . I would shoot as many bows as I could and go from there. Good luck and have fun

                          wahoo
                          Member
                            Post count: 420

                            congrats . Luv to see some photos and to hell with work. Has it been cold in your neck of the woods ?

                            wahoo
                            Member
                              Post count: 420
                              in reply to: Juniper Self Bow #29107

                              Not a self bowyer but I do know Ed Scott made bows of juniper that shot great

                              wahoo
                              Member
                                Post count: 420
                                in reply to: Glove Question #29095

                                I hated gloves also . I bought amrican leather elk glove and could not shoot . The arrow kept rolling off the shelf ??? I used it for a year and I believe it finally broke in – so I still use it. I also started shooting 3 under – seem to shoot better. I have a thinner glove but it hurts my hand so I use ALeather

                                wahoo
                                Member
                                  Post count: 420

                                  ditto dave – sweater 70’s wool pants 70’s – my pack Idaho still my fave but that’s from the 90’s – bows from the 60’s up. Friends would make fun and say your right out of the 70’s because I wouldn’t buy camo – go figure . Now there is a new generation that laughs and says your going to show up with a flannel shirt and wool pants.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 386 total)