Home Forums Bows and Equipment primative lonebow

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

I am hoping someone can tell me where I can get a very good Osage longbow made.

I have been hunting with a Treadway longbow. I would like to go primitive.

If someone could recommend a Boyer PLEASE and thanks::D

• wahoo

look up jim rempp in missoula montanna . His stuff is real nice . I don’t know where you live but it’s worth while finding some local guys ? Sometimes these local guys make great bows at great prices and easy to work with. John Strunk is another out of Oregon. Good luck let us know what you end up with.

• Mark Turton

Try Clay Hayes you could even sign up to one of his workshops

And thinking about it if I wanted to go primitive Clay is the guy I would speak to

Check out his website twistedstave.com and video on making an osage bow.

Mark

• David CoulterDavid Coulter

Clay was my first thought, also. For myself, if I were going to use a primitive bow, I think I would want the experience of carving it out myself. Have fun with it, dwc

• Joseph Miller

There will be several bowyers at the Traditional Archery Expo in Kalamazoo, MI this weekend. Many of them build self bows. Hope to see many of my “Campfire forum” friends there.

• grumpygrumpy

Welcome.

You DO have a dirty old hat…

• littlecavebear

I am missing fingers now carving is not what I do best

• Stephen Graf

Dang Grumpy, you always gotta get right to the point don’t you? Give the man some slack 🙄

• David CoulterDavid Coulter

littlecavebear wrote: I am missing fingers now carving is not what I do best

Understood. Even with all my fingers, I’m sure my first bow would not be a pretty sight. Probably as good looking as Grump’s hat. Dwc

• Stephen Graf

If the first blood spilt on account of your new bow ain’t your own, seems a little unfair to ask it of another beast 😯

• grumpygrumpy

BRAVO STEVE BRAVO standing and clapping furiously 😆

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.