Home Forums Campfire Forum PA Buck

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Look what ran into my arrow last Saturday in PA. He’s pretty good for my area. He’s an eight pointer and dressed out at 185lbs. My biggest in thirty years of bowhunting. Dr.Ashby’s advise led to a 80 yard bloodtrail that looked like someone was flinging a paint brush with blood on it toward the ground. It was a ten yard double lung shot with a an older 50lb Shrew Recurve that I have for about 13 years. I used a 200 grain Eclipse Werewolf Single Bevel broadhead on an Easton Full Metal Jacket with a 75 grain brass insert and got full penetration. Btw…the reason I’m wearing orange is because on Saturday in PA, it was our third Saturday of bow season, but was also the start of a week long antlerless muzzleloader season, early waterfowl season and early small game season, all on one day.

attached file
    • Raymond CoffmanRaymond Coffman

CareyE-

Outstanding! Great Buck anywhere!

and at 10yds —

Scout

• RalphRalph

Super! Super deer!!!

• Roger Norris

Nice job!!

• archer38

Awesome deer !! Well done !!

• bruc

Great Deer !!!!

Really like that rack that comes out and rises almost in a heart shape. Very heavy and even rack as well !

Congratulations.

• lyagooshka

Beautiful buck! Well done.

😀

• Jason Wesbrock

Congrats on making a great shot on a very nice buck.

• paleoman

I’d get one like that “stuffed”:) Nice job!

• bruc

paleoman wrote: I’d get one like that “stuffed”:) Nice job!

Given my age and everything else. I totally agree !!!

Kindda in a sneak mode just like you’re holding him !

• rwbowman

Very, very nice buck! Good shooting!

• Etter1

Outstanding Buck! I’m a transplanted PA yankee. Our family camp is in Tuscarora Forest near Shippensburg. Where you at??

• CareyE

Etter1 wrote: Outstanding Buck! I’m a transplanted PA yankee. Our family camp is in Tuscarora Forest near Shippensburg. Where you at??

I live, work and hunt in the Lebanon area.

• CareyE

Thanks everyone. I have a friend who does taxidermy who is mounting this one for me.

• Etter1

CareyE wrote: [quote=Etter1]Outstanding Buck! I’m a transplanted PA yankee. Our family camp is in Tuscarora Forest near Shippensburg. Where you at??

Wow. Small world. I’m from Enola. My father and his entire side of the family still live up there. My brother teaches at East Penn High School. You ever smallmouth fish the river?

• Troy Breeding

Now that one’s worth dropping a string on!!!

• Wexbow

Impressive 😯 8)

• CareyE

Etter1 wrote: [quote=CareyE][quote=Etter1]Outstanding Buck! I’m a transplanted PA yankee. Our family camp is in Tuscarora Forest near Shippensburg. Where you at??

Wow. Small world. I’m from Enola. My father and his entire side of the family still live up there. My brother teaches at East Penn High School. You ever smallmouth fish the river?

Its been a few years, but I used to fish at the south end of TMI at Falmouth. We caught everything there where the Conewingo runs into the Susquehanna.

• strait-aero

Nice buck,Carey….Congratulations! 😉

• SwampGhost

That’s a beauty. Congrats!

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.