Home Forums Bows and Equipment Need lots of help!!!!!!!!

• Author

brand new trad shooter here im having some trouble

im bare shaft testing for correct spine, arrows are hitting pretty strait as far as nock being right down the middle at 20 yards bareshaft

problem is, at 20 yards I have to aim about 24” low to hit my mark.  Any way to fix this.  Even at 30 yards I have to aim a foot or more low to hit where I want, heres my set up

62” recurve bow set at 45lbs

28” draw

3050 carbon express Predator arrow

29” carbon to carbon arrow length

125 grain screw in tip

im doing a 3 finger under anchor with my top finger corner of my mouth, and im ripping my lips apart on many of the shots.  Any help is wanted

• richard roop

Glove or tab ?????

• Raymond CoffmanRaymond Coffman

Adam

Do to the arc of the arrow, if you are using point of the arrow as a sight – You will have to aim low, until your point on distance is reached. ( usually closer with a 3 under shooter, somewhere around 30yds or less – split finger is usually 50-+). If you use your middle finger as the anchor it should lessen this somewhat. These comments are from memory back when I tried 3 under. I shoot instinctive /split finger. Either is fine, just what one likes better. You might try the string walking technique also, if you like to ” point on ” at closer ranges.

Maybe Stephen will comment as I believe he shoots 3 under

Scout.

• Ptaylor

Hey Adam. right on for picking up the recurve! You’ll most likely become really addicted.

You’re experience with using the tip of the arrow is pretty normal. Most folks who use that sighting system have a point on distance somewhere around 40-50 yards, like Raymond said. You could move your anchor around on your face, or increase your weight a lot. Or just get used to shooting the way it does.

Good luck man!

Preston

• richard roop

The part that is of concern is the ‘ripping my lips apart’ comment.

Something ain’t right…………. that is not supposed to happen.

• Joseph CafisoJoseph Cafiso

You might be leaning your head a bit too far into your anchor. Try turning your head a little more towards your target and lift your head a bit, more parallel with your string nor so perpendicular to it.

by turning your head more towards yourbtarget, your string won’t hit your lips and lifting your head out of the Anchor should I allow your aiming to come up a bit and your chest to expand more both should result in a higher shot.  Anchor should I allow your aiming to come up a bit and your chest to expand more both should result in a higher shot. IMHO

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.