Home Forums Campfire Forum What Have You Forgotten?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve probably posted this before, but as I think about getting stuff together for an upcoming trip I get scared I’ll forget something important. Most likely because I wandered off without my sleeping bag once and froze under an od army blanket because of it. Any good ones out there?

• Jason Wesbrock

I got halfway home from Wisconsin one night when I realized my strung bow was still laying next to the landowner’s driveway. I finally made it home sometime around midnight…with my bow. I was running late for a flight home from a hog hunt a few years ago and left my gear bag on the ground in camp. My buddy ended up sending it back to me via FedEx.

• Donnie

I was about 20 miles from the nearest paved road…. and I locked my keys in my truck.

(Forgot to take them out of the ignition! 🙄 )

• gigglemonk

2 day horsepack into a Chilean valley to spend 10 days climbing. The gaucho helped us set camp and then left with the horses. Neither my climbing partner nor I packed the ropes.

• Mark Turton

Kind of related, three of us once shared a billet with a compulsive ‘packer’, he would wake up in the middle of the night and repack something in his rucksack.

It starts to rub off after a while and I began doubting what I had packed, no names but someone superglued all the buckles on his rucky, not very funny at the time he went ape.

• Roger Norris

I routinely forget my arrows….:oops:

• jmsmithy

Roger Norris wrote: I routinely forget my arrows….:oops:

Too many times to count! 🙄

• Bruce Smithhammer

Left my sleeping bag behind on a 5-day trip to the Sierras once. Spent a cold night rolled up in a plastic tarp the first night, and then drove out and hit up a saddle store on day 2 to buy a blanket. Never heard the end of that one.

• jaytbuzzard

This doesn’t have anything to do with hunting, but, I left our daughters suitcase at home when we went to the beach for a week. Money was very tight at the time, thank goodness my mother in law was in the area and so was a Walmart.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.