Home Forums Campfire Forum What do you do when you hit a bulls eye?

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author

Do you let out a rebel yell at the top of your lungs?

Scream “THANK YOU JESUS” on your knees, with arms stretched to the heavens.

Put on your happy face and do a happy dance?

Put on your predator face and do a bulls eye dance.

Mutter “dead animal” under your breath, with a tough mountain man face?

Stand there imagining the bulls eye bleeding?

Stare at the target in disbelief.

Howl like you do at the full moon?

• Vintage Archer

GRUMPY IF I HIT THE BULL I TRY TO GO OVER WHAT I DID RIGHT AND THEN TRY TO REPEAT IT. IF I HIT THE BULL AGAIN I GLOAT IF I MISS I JUST CHALK IT UP TO A LUCKY SHOT AND GO BACK TO PRACTICING. I DONT GET MUCH GLOATING TIME :D:D:D

• David Coulter

Sometimes I quit while I’m ahead. Today I tagged a piece of dead rhododendron, judo landed right on the dot! What a racket it made when the nock came flying right back at me and the shaft rattled to the ground with the point, adapter and insert firmly sticking out of the dead trunk. Nothing really damaged as I put the aluminum collars fore and aft. That’s my reward for a good shot! Dwc

• Steve Capps

I act like I’ve been there before then take my next shot.

• Stephen Graf

The first one 😀

• Dave Nash

Run like hell.If you hit em in the eye it makes makes them mad.

• SteveMcD

Happy. But.. that’s what I expected to hit in the first place. It is when I don’t hit the bullseye I muster up more resolve to get it right.

• Alexandre Bugnon

I look at my Shrew in hand and tell her, again, and again, that I’m sorry for the time I had, in a moment of weakness, that one-nighter with another, younger, different bow! 😕

• Murray

If it ever happens, I’ll let you know.

• Cleland

I go yes when I hit that Bulls eye, and when I’m getting wore down from shooting I make sure my quiting shot is in or right beside that Bulls eye even if I have to move up a couple of yards to do it. That’s the last thing in my mind the next time I start to practice.

• ChumpMcgee

If I am shooting in a archery range where I know people are watching, on the outside I act like its no big deal, on the inside I am jumping all over like crazy

• bruc

It’s that very first shot of the session, that’s important to me. And of late, it hasn’t been very good !! I usually mutter “You Dumb As;???? . High,right. Left-hand shooter.

• Ralph
                              • Stephen Graf
                                • grumpy

Sometimes what is NOT said says more than what is said….

OK. There have been 139 views, and only 13 replies.. Doesn’t take an accounting wiz to realize a lot of archers out there saying nothing. I’m sure there are a few of us that have looked twice, but that still leaves a lot of lurkers out there. Come on, we need more responses!!

Are you afraid we will laugh at you? Of course we will that’s the point here.

• Doc Nock

I have a question???

What’s a Bullseye? I wasn’t sure how to answer so I didn’t…

I shoot for the heart on animal targets… I’ve not shot a bullseye since I shot a boom stick…or my hand cannon:shock:

• grumpy

Bulls eye is where you wanted the arrow to go. Not the back board, not in the bushes, not in the neighbor’s livestock, not in the garden, or the garage window like Arwen did.. Where you WANTED to arrow to go.

• David Coulter

If the bull only has one eye, you’re looking at the wrong end! dwc

• Doc Nock

ohhhhhh… Ok. 🙂

I watched r2’s video clip. I don’t have white shoes and don’t do a happy dance.

I can say after all these years, that if I’m staring at one hole in the target or that white crease behind a deer’s shoulder and then bada bing, a nock shows up RIGHT THERE…it still takes my breath away.

I hope that never changes!

Trouble is that archery, especially trad, is about replicating an ingrained set of behaviors and muscle memory…

When I get a great shot, it’s soooo easy to start trying to remember what I JUST DID and try to replicate it… which is the last thing an instinctive shooter should do…

So I try to just stay in the zone and let the “man behind the shooter” take over and let er rip…

Don’t embarrass me and ask how often that is successful, eh?

• Doc Nock

dwcphoto wrote: If the bull only has one eye, you’re looking at the wrong end! dwc

Oh, David…

That would be a lot of BULL right there!!!:shock::roll:

• Ralph

Probably the better of the two ends if the bull’s ticked off:D:D

• Doc Nock

Head on, NO SHOT…

At least David’s way, there IS the Texas Heart Shot!:roll::oops:

• Ralph

Don’t hurt none to practice Doc. One never knows when one of them heart shots might become necessary.

I know a couple ornery Texans.

• David Fudala

I look for the branch I MUST HAVE hit!

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.