Home Forums Bows and Equipment longbow press?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

i have a question – i bought the supplies to build a longbow press from binghams several years ago and haven’t built it yet, but am wanting to build it this spring – it came with two actionwood tapered lams and formica for the surface where the bow will be pressed – won’t the tapers slightly alter the shape of the bow? what exactly are the tapers for? anyone familiar wiyh this?

• David Petersen

Carl — you might try contacting Bingham’s if nobody here can help. Good luck. d

• Stephen Graf

I bought Binghams video’s on making a longbow and recurve. Both video’s were very informative. If you are going to build a bow, I would encourage you to get the video.

I gave the video to a friend who seemed interested in building a bow, so I can’t review it for what the lams were for. But I believe that applying these laminations would give the bow some back set.

If you are going to build a bow using Binghams kits and draw weight charts, then you should use the tapered laminations in your bow form as the instructions call for. Otherwise, your final bow weight might not be what you want.

And finally, I would encourage you to build a bow. It is great fun!

• cody

Where can I get one of the Binghams video your talking about

• Jason Wesbrock

Cody,

You can get it directly from their web site.

http://www.binghamprojects.com/

• Carl

thanks for the info gentlemen – when i get the press built, i will post some photos to show my bowbuilding progress from start to finish be it good or bad!

• Stephen Graf

Carl,

I hate to break the bad news to you…. But once you start, there will never be a finish.

Post those pictures!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.