Home Forums Campfire Forum help w/hog hunt

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

A couple friends and I are interested in a early 2011 hog hunt and could use some help. We’re looking for an oportunity to hunt feral hogs, not interested in high fences or trophy hunts. In fact if possible we’d be more interested in a DIY than guided.
        Unfortunately we’ve been a bit overwhelmed with the options available online and could use the help of some people who’ve done this before.
        We’d be driving from Wyoming, so more intersted in the western U.S.

Any help or hints you can give would be greatly appreciated.

• David Petersen

TX has several ranches where you can hunt feral pigs and javalina. All charge a fee unless you know someone. There have been articles in TBM about these hunts in the past, with at least one big ranch catering to trad bowhunters. You should be able to choose from full service down to just paying a tresspass fee for a diy. Surely someone here has info. In the west I think TX is your only choice. Good luck, dave

• Larry O. Fischer

Give Wayne Weimer a call at 432-729-3308, Alamito Guide Service out of Marfa, Texas. Good Javalina hunts some hogs all fair chase no high fence no bait!

• Bounty Hunter

If you are looking to come to Texas, then I have to recommend the Diamond “C” Ranch. It is a bowhunting only ranch that knows how to take care of bowhunters. Here is a link.

http://www.texasbowhunt.com/

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.