Home Forums Campfire Forum Finally bought an ATV

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Been needing one for a while. Will use to haul in tree stands and steps. And hopefully haul out a few deer and hogs.

Use the Quads God Gave You!

• Wexbow

I’m picturing Dave spitting out his coffee when he sees the title of this post 😆 I hope you’ll have a nice deer hitching a ride on that bad boy this season toehead!

• Ralph

Ha! Good one! I could put everything that I arrowed last year on that and not even use any tie downs. 🙂

• David Petersen

Yep, you had me gagging there for a minute, Dustin! But where’s the beer-cooler rack? 😛

• William Warren

Yeah, I too cringed at that title hoping Dave would go light on you. 😀

Those are very good for hauling deer, etc. I made mine from two lawnmower handles and an axle and wheels from a Hi Wheel mower. A peice of dog wire zip tied in and it is ready to go. Hauled out a six pointer on it. Folds up nicely for transporting.

• Troy Breeding

I just knew Dave was going to pop a gasket when he saw the title.:D:D

I thought everyone had one of those ATV’s.:D

Bought mine the year I had the 4 stints put in. Really makes life easy.

Yea, I have one of those Motorized four wheel ATV”s, but it is for yard work and wood hauling.

Troy

• wildschwein

Cool looking rig! I just wish I hunted area that would allow me to use one. Too damn thick, and too much deadfall.

Where does one go to get one of them ATVs anyway?

• Jason Wesbrock

Cabela’s, Gander Mountain, and Bass Pro all sell them for a hundred dollars or less.

• Nate Bailey

J.Wesbrock wrote: Cabela’s, Gander Mountain, and Bass Pro all sell them for a hundred dollars or less.

😆

• Don Thomas

Dustin, you had me worried! But I have a story to share. When I was living on the Kenai Peninsula, much of the Moose Range was appropriately restricted to all vehicles. A friend of a friend used a non-motorized version of your “ATV” to get a moose back to the road… and got busted. The definition of a “vehicle” included anything with wheels. A bit over the top IMHO, but… Moral: check the regs carrefully. Don

• SDMFer

A second for what Don mentioned, know where your going to be hunting. Your ATV is just as illegal in designated wilderness areas as the motorized version.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.