Home Forums Campfire Forum Dirty Old Hats

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author

OK, don’t remember who, but someone asked to see pics of dirty old hats. Since I am not the only one here with dirty olf hats, I want to see everyone’s dirty old hats. Here goes with our dirty old hats.

attached fileattached fileattached fileattached fileattached fileattached file
      • Greg Ragan

I got one!

• James Harvey

Here’s mine 😀

• Ralph

I think what’s holding the hat up is older than the hat!:D

• Bruce Smithhammer
              • David Petersen

You can’t see it very well, but this is my very old and dirty Good Luck hat. While it might not seem always to work, I figure it would be even worse without the hat. Sort of like the infamous elephant repellant. 😛

attached file
                • grumpy

the only dirty old hat is on the Aussy, and he’s younger than my kids!! Put a hat on that young’n Jim, before he fries!!!

• Ralph

OK Grumpy, this one is gettin old and oily and sweaty and smellin like me and where I been. 🙂

• David Coulter

Some good lids there. Dave, it looks like that broom is the only thing holding up that shed. dwc

• William Warren

Here’s a few of mine. I’m bald so I got a lot of hats….

not terribly dirty but had plenty of sweat in them

Hand made welders caps I wore when I was welding pipeline. They got plenty dirty and sweaty but they were washable. No problem

My favorite felt hats. I doubt either of these could be found even on that E-*** site.

And last but not least, a favorite fishing hat. It protected my old noggin on many a trip in salt and fresh water.

Great thread Grumpy, thanks for starting it.

• David Petersen

Duncan, I see you have good taste in books as well as hats. But Wendell Berry should definitely be on top. 😆

I hope I never go bald like you. 😛

• James Harvey

grumpy wrote: Put a hat on that young’n Jim, before he fries!!!

He’s a jerk grumps, I put a bucket hat on him but he can bin it mid walk and I never know. So now I sunscreen him up and chase the shade 😉

My filthy old hat isn’t even that old, about 4 years, but it never gets washed so it’s embedded with filth from all over Australia, the US, Afghan and a few choice parts of the Arabian peninsula. It’s stiffening up like cardboard though, might have to retire her soon 😛

• William Warren

David Petersen wrote: Duncan, I see you have good taste in books as well as hats. But Wendell Berry should definitely be on top. 😆

I hope I never go bald like you. 😛

Aw shucks Dave, balding ain’t so bad. You just buzz whats left and go lo maintenance.

All good reads there along with my usual bird books and edible wild plant guides that I often am glued to.

• grumpy

Forgot a couple, everybody wants to get into the act.

attached fileattached file
                                • tailfeather

Here’s Old Lucky. Note worn out turkey feather in the crown, and bill held on by safety pin. My tradition for years was to re-camo it prior to each turkey season with a sharpie. I love this hat.

attached file
                                  • James Harvey

Haha tailfeather, I’ve seen some battered old hats but not one that maintains it’s integrity via safety pin and fights fading with a sharpie 😀

• grumpy

That hat is as old and ugly as I am!!!!

• tailfeather

I have trouble letting things go.

• drew4fur

I was advised that I needed to submit a picture of my dirty old hat, here is an image of my Akubra Territory hat; 100% rabbit felt when I bought it, in this image it’s about 60% rabbit felt, 10% dirt, 20% salt (from sweat), 5% flies and 5% lizard.

• Ralph

Cool hat but that would set ol’Doc’s allergies off the deep end.:D:D

• Ralph

Hope someone enjoys my hat that blew towards Oklahoma last year.

• grumpy

Audrey says my dirty old hat doesn’t smell (and shouldn’t scare the deer). Can youse guys (Y’all in Dixie) say the same?

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.