Home Forums Campfire Forum Confirmed Werewolf Kill

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Saturday night I shot a cow with a 175 grain werewolf double bevel broadhead. I will and admit it, I rushed the shot and hit her a bit further back than I wanted. In my defense it was my first elk with a bow so I was a touch excited. Anyway, the culmination of a great backpack hunt into one of Wyomings great wilderness areas was a 18m broadside shot at a good mature cow. Broadhead cut liver resulting in a 100m deep red blood trail.

Had a close encounter with a good bull but it wasn’t in the cards. He reversed his direction to run off a smaller bull before stepping into my shooting lane, and five minutes later when presented with a shot at a cow I didn’t hesitate even with a bruiser bull bugling close by.

Pack out wasn’t to bad, couple miles, the beauty of hunting above 10,000 ft is that its almost a guarentee that the truck will be below you.

• bruc

Congratulations !!! Sounds like the shot worked out pretty well anyway !!

• Raymond Coffman

SDMfer –
            Sounds like a Great hunt – congrats on your success ! High Country Backpack hunt, Doesn’t get much better than that.
            Scout

• David Petersen

SDMFer — Congratulations! First kills are special and never forgotten. Mine also was a cow, and also a less than perfect shot, but ended in recovery. That was when I learned that packing out an 80-pound green elk hide isn’t worth it. 😯 Dave

• SDMFer
              • Bruce Smithhammer

Nice job!!

• Steve Sr.

Congrats! Happy for you that you had a great hunt.

Gotta admit….finding this thread right after I read a news report about someone running over an ELK here in IN……I wasn’t in the right frame of mind to open it. LOL

“Someone shot a WEREWOLF?” 😯

😆

God Bless
                    Steve Sr.

• FUBAR

Good job8)

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.