Home Forums Bows and Equipment broken bows

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

With Audrey’s encouragement I’ve been building bows. Lots of new designs I’ve thought up, and wanted to try (she says I enjoy building them more than shooting them, and may be right). All of them broke, the last 2 this morning. (Audrey: But that’s OK you’re making more. giggle) No, I don’t count the broken bows, but the pile on the porch is again getting bigger, and I will post a pic when we burn them. So tomorrow I go to the lumber yard (since the ash from Mike hasn’t arrived yet). The really sad thing is that if you make 3 changes and it fails, you don’t really know why it failed, thus you don’t learn a dam thing for all of the effort (after all it IS more important to learn something than succeed.)

Nope, didn’t go to church, not good to break 2 bows and go to church. Besides, no choir today. They don’t want to hear me sing, to hell with them. Put a new muffler on the car instead, wasn’t fun, but it works! 😀

• Stephen Graf

Well as the old saying goes, if you ain’t breaking them, you ain’t making them.

That’s a new record for me though… I’ve never broken 2 bows in a single day. Whew! I’d have to stop and drink some beer after that.

good luck figuring out what’s causing the problem!

• grumpy

Actually I stopped smoking 4 weeks ago. And when the second bow broke, I almost broke for the store to buy a pack of cigarettes.

• Ralph

Keep after it, broken bows better for ya than the smokes. 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.