Home Forums Campfire Forum Bok report; The American Longbow

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Finished reading it the other day.  Gotta say that I would recommend it  to serious trad shooters, longbow or recurve.  While I probably will never build my own bow, knowing what goes into one makes me appreciate  my recurve even more.

The comments on philosophy are thought provoking and the section on shooting tips has more than a few ‘nuggets’ to be considered.

Thanx for the read !!!

• aeronut

I’ve made a bunch of bows and it’s really not that hard, just time consuming.  I’ve got one I need to do an oops report on one of these days.

• Kees

I was thinking of stir fry veggies, i.e. Bok Choy when I read the subject line….

I bought and read the book when it first came out.  I think I really need to read it again, even if I never build a bow myself.

• richard roop

Kees;

While you’re at it grab a copy of his book ‘The Long Fix’.  I’m currently reading it and it meets / exceeds expectations.

• Kees

I intend to, but it will be a while.  I went crazy this month buying sailing books and the budget is overdrawn!

~Kees~

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.