Elk arrow 2015-04-08T18:08:12+00:00

Home Forums Friends of FOC Elk arrow

Viewing 0 results
  • Author
    #5539 |

I’m in the process of making a new elk arrow setup.so far I’m using a gt 7595 traditional,100 gr.brass insert,300 gr.field point,1″1/2 2213 aluminum footing,30″3/8 length, 4 x a/a 21/2″ fletching 75×105 degree.Total weight 777 grains.Shafts are still a little on the weak side but getting real close.Down to making 1/32 cuts.Is it just me but the closer I get the more I’m getting nervous about going to far.Moving at a snail’s pace ,this is my third day of tuning.Had about thirty head of Roosevelt’s across the property yesterday.Nothing like a little inspiration to keep it going. Going to ditch the screw in adapters and use the glue-in/glue-on brass adapters for my Tuffheads.I will measure the foc when I finish with the tuning process.A big thanks to Dr.Ed for all you do!…Cheers!!

• Vintage Archer

SKINNER congratulations ……it sounds like you are on the way to a excellent arrow ,

I know it takes a lot of time/work/fun to get these results.NICE JOB 😀

You show good sense in your choice of broadheads:lol::lol:

• Doc Nock

SB,

I was cutting the width of the saw blade and allowing them a touch weak cause fletching stiffens a wee bit but you’re fletched…

That’s a heavy arrow!

Ought to punch thru a bufferlo if you shot one!

It is gnarly… I numbered them once I stepped back to be sure any “fliers” were the arrow and not me and kept a chart to make sure the same shafts were mis-behaving.

One friend teased me that I named the danged things… and have a funeral if I loose one..almost… shaft, inserts, heads… all get pricey but the time is the killer when one goes awol!

• skinner biscuit

Looking good!Ginger cuts to 30″1/8.

attached file
  • Doc Nock

Steady as she goes, Cap’n! When you’re happy…we’re happy!:lol:

• wojo14

Way to go!

What is your bow specs for those arrows?

• sapcut

Skinner, I think a little longer footing will eliminate that little weakness in the shaft.

• skinner biscuit

Here’s my setup.Arrow length 29″9/16,weight 770 grns, foc 27 percent. Bow predator velocity riser,64# hunter dx limbs.At my draw weight I’m pulling 60#.Using a beiter plunger that has a piece of shelving material glued to the button that makes for a quiet draw.A few clicks to increase plunger pressure and arrows are spot on!

attached fileattached file
  • wojo14

I just messed with a new set up this week and stumped this morning.

I am Moose hunting this fall, so I wanted to go heavy.

29.25″ length, 699g, 28%efoc.

Elkheart. 54″ 53# at my draw.8)

Viewing 0 results

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Become a Better Traditional Bowhunter!

Sign up for Tip of the Week and we will send you an email every week with the best tips and tricks for hunting with a traditional bow!

We promise to never spam you!